Sunday, May 16, 2010

ShareTalk Integration – WSS Adapter Web Service Request format is unrecognized

When you install the SharePoint Adapter Web Service for BizTalk, and browse to the BTSharePointAdapterWS.asmx Web Service, you will be prompted with an error that makes it seem like your installation of this Web Service was not successful:

Server Error in '/BTSharePointAdapterWS' Application.

Request format is unrecognized.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized

In fact your Web Service may be functioning correctly as mine was.  The issue is that the Service metadata is disabled by default.  To enable the Service metadata, you will need to update the web.config of the BTSharePointAdapterWS Application

image

 

Comment out, or remove the <remove name="Documentation"/> line in order to enable displaying the Service metadata.

image

 

Metadata will now be displayed correctly.

image

1 comment:

Ruth Resende said...

Hi Kent. Sorry for leave this comment here. Actually I would like to know How Can I have my blog on Biztalk Blogs (biztalkblogs.com) too. I saw that you have your blog there.

I'm brazilian. My colleague and I, we have a blog about biztalk in portuguese. Below our blog:

www.biztalkbrasil.com.br

Tks. If you can help us we will be really gratefull.

My email: parugui@gmail.com